Jack and Susan Arnold Architecture and Interior Design

Lately I've been feeling very blah and I'm having a hard time writing..... Maybe it's the emergency room trips or all the antibiotics of the last month or maybe it's the state of the economy. Just when I thought my families finances were once again on track, rumors of layoffs are running through my hubbys office. It seems no one is safe in this economy and there is not much we can do about it. My god if only I could drink without getting sick the next day! ok.....just joking!

Well...on to the subject at hand. I thought it would be nice to share my favorite French Country Style Architect - The famed Jack Arnold and Interior Designer wife Susan. Signature features of his home is rooms one room deep, curved dormers, wood beams everywhere, thickened walls between rooms giving the illusion of masonry! and much much more.... You cannot tell this home has a wood frame!

The below photos are of their home in Oklahoma. These are photos of a shoot done for Veranda June 2007. Just a note: V E R A N D A magazine rocks! The interiors all done by Susan Arnold are perfect. I love how she uses more metal and basket accessories leading to a true European look. Check out the metal entry table with a basket of flowers and more metal tables and baskets in the living room. Now....

THE K I T C H E N! my all time favorite. Genious is the only word.....

She has used green throughout which to me is the hardest to use, but what she did is beautiful. I am completely in love with this home and will be keeping my copy of this VERANDA indefinitely!











No comments:

Post a Comment